David Archuleta. biography
NAME:David Archuleta BIRTH DATE:December 28, 1990 (Age: 23) PLACE OF BIRTH:Albuquerque, New Mexico
At age 12, he sang on many of the episodes of Star Search. With the performance of John Mayer’s “Waiting for the World to Change,” Archuleta impressed the judges and won himself a ticket to the Hollywood final auditions.
As he continued to impress the judges and America, Archuleta went onto the finals. He received 44 percent of 97 million votes and lost to David Cook.
Did You Know...
- The governor of Utah declared May 9th, 2008 as "David Archuleta Day."
- He is left-handed.
- He was in a Guitar Hero commercial, which premiered during the American Idol Season 7 finale.
- He is currently the only student standing at "American Idol school," which is daily tutoring for contestants under 18. Alexandrea Lushington and Alaina Whitaker were his classmates, but they were already eliminated.
- David has been nicknamed "Archie" by the American Idol (Season 7) crew, a take-off on his last name and a reference to the comic book character, Archibald "Archie" Andrews.
- He likes all of the judges on American Idol because of their personalities and their different opinions.
- He once performed for surviving 9/11 firefighters. He sang "I Will Always Love You."
- His musical influences are Natalie Cole, Stevie Wonder, Kirk Franklin and Bryan Adams